Mobile task management and decision support system
key2operate is a system dedicated to the non-automated business processes within a manufacturing enterprise. It supports the user by collecting information, guiding through the plant and managing the day-by-day working tasks.
key2operate is the key to integrate your manual business processes into the overall automation of your production!
General description of key2operate
key2operate is a business process support system for users, who need to execute tasks manually in or around certain production plants.
The system allows the creation of workflows for modeling arbitrary business processes on mobile clients. key2operate has an own database and stores all runtime data of the workflows inside it.
The work scheduling department can schedule tasks to different users and different mobile devices.
As a first step, the workflows which shall run on the mobile devices are designed by a person who will make use of design tools which key2operate provides for this purpose.
After a workflow is designed, it will be sent to the mobile clients.
The user then takes the mobile device where his workflow is available for work. The workflow data is stored in a database on the mobile device, in order to independently work on tasks when the intranet of the company cannot be reached. This means, that the daily work can be done independently of whether the device is connected or not. As soon as the device enters a region where a connection can be established, it automatically connects to the server and updates the server database.
The server database takes care of the data synchronization and conflicts will be managed in the right way. The server also acquires the relevant data from the connected system and distributes updates to the Manufacturing IT systems.
Beside other activities, key2operate can be used for reporting of operations, inspection rounds and maintenance activities within production sites. It allows the configuration of almost every manual business process.
To make the use of the system more transparent, here an example of a business process:
A user has to maintain certain equipments / machines per day. He will get his task list on the mobile device together with documents that describe the activity he has to perform. The mobile device
may be equipped with a barcode scanner. It identifies in the first step of the maintenance activity, whether the user is on the right equipment by scanning a barcode of the machine (could be done as
well with photo recognition or RFID or any other technology). After this check, the device stores the date and time, when the user arrived on the equipment. In the next tasks on this specific
equipment it guides the user to do certain checks on the machine (for example by showing some documentation of how to do a specific activity). After the finalization of all the activities and the
manual entry of some check data, the system stores the end date and time of the activity. If the mobile device is in an online mode, it can immediately connect with the server and update it with the
new information about the tasks that were performed. It could even support the user during the activity by showing real time data from the process, in case this is needed.
The user then proceeds with the next activity shown in the task list...
• Almost arbitrary workflows / business processes can be modeled (not industry specific)
• Complete menu based configuration (no programming knowledge necessary)
• Easy to understand language and logic editor for creation of complex logic
• Execution in online and offline mode with automatic or configurable replication
• Online connection over LAN, WLAN, UMTS, GPRS...
• Any number of workflows can be defined
• Task Scheduler for the activity planning
• Realtime connection to the production
• Flexible data exchange with other systems
• Easy integration in the main production process
• Multi language and "Smart Widgets"
• Easy to use
• Designed for the production industry
• Standard software
• Manual business processes are transparent and documented
• Reproducability of operations, everybody is forced to follow the same process
• Cost saving by avoiding manual operations
• Better quality by avoiding faulty insertions
• Information and tracing just in time - optimization of inventory management and scheduling
• Documented knowledge management
• Optimal control of resource disposition and resource utilization
• Guided maintenance activities and reduced maintenance costs
• Improved production performance
• Reduction of lead time
• Compliance with regulations
• Reduced starting costs and high ROI through step by step implementation
• Easy success control